Healthy Snack Do’s and Don’ts for your Dog
Ever wonder if what you’re eating is healthy for your pup too? Here is a list of snacks you should and shouldn’t give to your pet.
DO feed these to your pup:
- Fruit Popsicle. Put a couple pieces of small fruit in each hole of an ice cube tray. Then fill it with water and place in freezer. Fun for your dog and great treat for a hot day.
- Carrots, celery, and other crunchy vegetables. These are all great to clean their teeth naturally, while keeping them busy and munching. When giving veggie treats, always give in moderation as to not upset your dog’s stomach.
- Peanut butter. Most dogs go crazy for peanut butter so this is a true special treat. Works wonders to distract them when you need to give them a pill. You can also freeze this in a dog toy to keep them occupied for a long stretch of time.
- Fruits like apples, pears, bananas. Low calorie treats that also clean your pup’s teeth. When giving fruits, always give in moderation as to not upset your dog’s stomach.
- Unseasoned Boiled chicken and white rice. If your pup has an upset stomach, feed them this easy-to-digest meal until your dog is feeling well again. Consult with your vet before changing dog’s diet when they’re sick.
- Small pieces of cheese. Especially great as a high reward treat for training.
DON’T feed these to your pup:
- Raisins or grapes
- Avocado pits
- Coffee or tea
- Fried or very fatty food